As I am gearing up for the Morphy invasion in a couple month, I have jotted down some topics which will be covered over the coming year. There will be more as I discover more topics and more writers. I was telling a friend today that some days I don’t want to read what I write, I want to read what someone else has written. Anyway, here’s some topics:
1) Morphy’s Best Blindfold Game
2) Tarrasch annotates a Morphy Game
3) Geza Marczy writes on Morphy and now that book has been translated into English. roczy’s book was re-released as an Olms book.
4) Morphy’s 8 man blindfold exhibition: games and engraving!
5) What type of chessmen did Morphy prefer to use?
6) Who is Bat Girl?
7) What do we know about Philip Sergeant?
8) What do important chess players have to say about Mophy, especially his skill at chess?
9) The exchange of letters between Morphy and Staunton and all the courtesies of the day.
10 What’s a “freebooter?”
11. What books are essential to a good Morphy bibliography?
12. What was a British pound worth in those days?
13. Spend time with Morphy in Europe.
14. What was the King’s Gambit like in Morphy’s hands?
15. What’s the story on Marache, Morphy’s friend?
16. What de we know about Frederick Milne Edge?
Any questions you might have?
More data coming.